Seeking The Best Child Custody And Visitation Compromise
Child custody can often be a source of contention in even the most amicable divorce. It is not uncommon for both parents to foster quite different beliefs regarding the best way to teach and train children as they mature into adulthood. Arriving at an acceptable compromise can often be a challenging aspect of any divorce.
At Bruckert, Behme & Long, P.C., our child custody attorneys have extensive experience guiding clients through every aspect of Illinois divorce. We are prepared to provide answers and legal guidance regarding topics such as:
- Child custody
- Parenting calendar
- Modifications to custody and visitation
- Enforcement of orders
- Parental relocation
While most decisions are made based on what is in the best interest of the child, custody can be influenced by numerous factors, including:
- The wishes of both the child and the parents
- The relationship between the child and the parents
- Living accommodations of both parents and the general ability to provide care
- The mental and physical health of the children
- Who acted as the majority caregiver until the divorce
These are complex issues best handled by an experienced family law attorney. With offices in O’Fallon and New Baden, we represent clients’ interests in Clinton County, St. Clair County and across the Metro East. We will fight to protect the best interest of the children in the divorce as well as the goals of our clients. We understand the difficult situation all parties face and will act professionally and courteously every step of the way.