Ready To Guide You Through Your Business Law Matter
The choice of a competent business lawyer can be crucial to minimizing the cost to the business and the time that the business owners spends away from running the business. Bruckert, Behme & Long, P.C. offers a range of legal services to business owners and managers, including:
- Business formation: Turning your entrepreneurial passion into a sustainable venture as you
create a new business entity. We have assisted clients in creating new corporations and limited liability companies (LLCs) as well as preparing by-laws, articles of incorporation, articles of organization, annual reports and annual meeting minutes. We have also represented numerous small businesses in asset sales, mergers and acquisitions.
- Commercial real estate purchase, sale and landlord/tenant issues: Whether your business needs a space in which to operate or your business leases out commercial real estate, our firm has the answers you need. We have been involved with the development of numerous subdivision, commercial and retail centers in St. Clair and Madison counties.
- Development projects: We have represented numerous real estate developers including commercial, residential and multi-family developers, in all aspects of the projects. Some of those aspects involved land assembly, financing, TIF incentives, sales tax negotiations, and other economic incentives.
- Business contracts: We can help you conceptualize, draft, review, revise and negotiate key contractual agreements with suppliers, vendors and customers.
- Business litigation: We represent both plaintiffs and defendants in business-related disputes.
A corporation is a legal entity that is separate from its owners or shareholders. Corporations are formed by filing certificates or articles of incorporation with the secretary of state where the business will operate. State corporate law governs the duties of corporate shareholders, as do the corporate bylaws. Corporations are governed by the shareholders, who elect the directors, who elect the officers, who actually run the corporation.
Because the corporation exists apart from its shareholders, directors and officers, it continues to exist even if something happens to the people who own and operate it. There are many types of corporations, such as close corporations, professional corporations, S corporations, nonprofit corporations and general corporations. We can guide you skillfully through any aspect or challenge of your new or ongoing corporation.
A contract is an agreement between two or more people or entities that creates an obligation for the parties to the contract to do or not to do a particular thing. An attorney can help you prepare or interpret a contract in order to protect your interests.
Small-business owners do what they do because they have a passion for their business. At Bruckert, Behme & Long, P.C., we understand that the last thing a small-business owner wants to deal with is litigation. Business litigation can be costly and time-consuming. Whether your business needs to file a lawsuit against another person or entity, or if it is required to defend a lawsuit against the business, Bruckert, Behme & Long, P.C. can help you resolve the matter while continuing your normal operations.
Whether your potential or ongoing lawsuit is a contract dispute, an employment dispute or any other business issue, our team of business law attorneys can help. We evaluate each case carefully to save business owners valuable time and resources.
From law offices in O’Fallon and New Baden, Illinois, we serve the entire St. Louis Metro East area. Call 618-624-4221 or 866-901-6137 toll free or send an email to learn how we can help.